Monday, August 3, 2009

"Do You Want A Life Of Abundance?" by Bo Sanchez

I’m terrible when it comes to picking gifts for my wife.

The first gift I gave her was a dress.

When I saw it, I thought it was beautiful. But when I gave it to her, I learned again the truth that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Because she said, “Oh Bo, I love you for giving me a dress. Thank you so much. But I suggest you stick to preaching. Your fashion sense is awful.”

I pouted, “You mean you won’t wear the dress?”

She smiled. “If I become suddenly suicidal, perhaps. In other words, I won’t be caught alive wearing that thing.”

But last month, I hit the jackpot. I finally bought her a birthday gift she really adored.

I bought her a book. But it was no ordinary book.

It was a gigantic 1000 page book containing beautifully stunning pictures of the most gorgeous places all over the world. She loved the book because I wrote on the first page, “Sweets, when our kids are grown up, I’ll bring you to these places.”

She loved the book because it wasn’t just a book. It was a promise. I promised, “I’ll grow old with you. I’ll stay with you forever. I’ll love you forever.” Because I wasn’t really giving a book. I was really giving myself.

My marriage is abundant because these past 11 years, I’ve been giving my time, effort, attention, and energy to my marriage.

Here’s what I learned: Life is not one bucket.



To Continue reading, click the link below:

http://bosanchez.ph/do-you-want-a-life-of-abundance

No comments:

Post a Comment